Site preparation is the key element that constitutes the start of every construction project, no matter how large or small.
Site preparation services are critical to the successful completion of the project, ensuring the quality is as expected and that there are few problems throughout the process.
Read on to learn how crucial the work of site preparation contractors is to the whole project and why it is essential to find an experienced contractor who can expertly prepare the work site for the intended purpose and project.
Why Is Site Preparation So Important To A Construction Project?
Site preparation is the basic process of clearing land where a construction project will be built, leveling and grading it, and leaving it ready for the next steps in the land development process.
In providing this preliminary step, site preparation services ensure the land is clean, clear, and safe to begin the official project, then create accessibility to the main construction site to facilitate the process.
Additionally, site preparation minimizes the potential damage to the land and environment by using specific processes that improve the construction process without the risk of unnecessary damage.
What Determines Which Site Preparation Services Are Necessary?
Although the work performed by site preparation contractors is typically the same for every project, there are specific factors that determine how site preparation is addressed and accomplished.
Climate, soil type, and urban or rural setting at a particular location are all main factors that determine the type of work that is required to prepare the work site.
The scope of the project as well as the amount of services required is also determined by the type of project and its size.
Residential land development projects generally require less and not as invasive site preparation services than commercial projects do.
Similarly, larger commercial projects involve much greater preparation than smaller ones.
What Steps Are Taken To Prepare A Construction Site?
The basic site preparation process to ready a construction site for heavier work typically involves the following:
- Clearing - All trees, vegetation, debris, and other waste materials are removed from the construction site and surrounding land.
- Surveying - Site preparation contractors survey the land after clearing to determine the optimal utilization of the space with regard to zoning laws, the physical features of the land, and the buildings to be built.
- Soil Testing - Soil composition is identified to determine the types of foundations required for buildings and how those building sites must be prepared.
- Site Plan Design - Based on surveys and soil testing results, a site design including buildings, drainage, utility lines, and other requirements is developed.
- Site and Plan Investigation - A site inspector will then review the site plan design and all site preparation records to determine whether the project can proceed or if any modifications must be made.
Hire An Experienced Site Preparation Service for Every Project
The first and most important step for any construction project, skilled site preparation is essential for project owners to get the green light to actually begin their development projects.
Considering how site preparation services are essential for much more than simply land clearing, project owners must select a reliable and knowledgeable service with a good project record.
An experienced site preparation contractor is an essential partner to ensure the correct start for any construction project!